With the upheaval in the real estate market being caused by the Northern California fires, members may have questions or need assistance in managing their listings on BAREIS MLS®. BAREIS staff is available to assist you in managing listings, lockboxes & key service by calling 707-575-8000 M – F from 8:30 AM to 4 PM. After hours support with the Rapattoni system is available by calling 1-866-730-7114 and Supra support is available by calling 1-877-699-6787.
We are including some information in this newsletter that might be helpful in managing listings now.
What status should be used if a property cannot be shown or the seller is not considering offers now?
If a property is not under contract and cannot be shown for an extended or indeterminate period, or if the seller is not considering offers, you should consider changing the listing status to Temp Off-Market (WT). Temp Off Market listings remain under the listing agent’s control.
- Days on Market will pause during the Temp Off-Market period.
- No exclusion is required.
- There is no time limit on how long a listing remains Temp Off-Market.
- The listing will expire on its regular expiration date.
- Showing instructions should clearly indicate whether the listing is available to be shown during the Temp Off-Market period.
- Agents and brokers should not solicit Temp Off-Market listings, as they remain under a valid listing contract.
If the seller has cancelled their listing agreement or wants to permanently remove the property from the MLS, you should consider changing the status to Withdrawn/Cancelled (WC).
- By choosing Withdrawn/Cancelled you are indicating to other users of the system that the listing contract has been cancelled – your seller may receive solicitations from other brokers.
- If the property has been out of the MLS and under a new listing agreement for at least 11 days, the listing can be entered with a new MLS# and DOM will reset to zero. If the property has been out of the MLS and under a new listing agreement for at least 91 days, the listing can be entered with a new MLS# and DOM & CDOM will reset to zero.
- Additional details about using WC status are available here: http://bareis.com/sites/bareis.com/files/restricted_showing_flyer_10-27-16.pdf
If the seller wants to continue to actively market the property and receive offers, but is concerned about providing access to the property during specific days or times of the day, you can change the availability of an Active listing to be shown through the information you post in the listing and by restricting access to the lockbox.
- Sellers always have the option of having an Active listing available for showing only during specific times of the day or by appointment only.
- No exclusion form is required on Active listings with restricted availability for showing.
- If showing days or times are restricted, please remember to update the showing instructions multiple choice field as well as the showing comments field.
- If a lockbox is being used at the property, you can program the box to release a key only during specific times or with a “call before showing” code that the showing agent has obtained only by contacting you before the showing.
- You can reduce the exposure of an Active listing to the internet by selecting No on the Pass to Internet field. The listing will remain viewable to users of BAREIS, but will not pass to public internet sites.
- Properties listed in the MLS with instructions to cooperating brokers to not show the property must indicate the process for presentation of offers during the “do not show” period. If the seller is not considering offers, the listing status should be Temp Off-Market (see above).