Why Should I Clear My Browser's Cache and/or Cookies?
What is the browser cache? As you surf the internet, your browser collects small bits of information that help it load your favorite sites faster. These build up in your browser's cache. Sometimes, old information can get stuck and cause your most commonly browsed websites to work incorrectly: take you to incorrect pages or bounce you back to login pages. The browser can also become bogged down when the cache gets too large and actually slow down the loading speed of the page. This is when you'll want to clear your cache. After clearing your cache, you may experience temporary slowness as your browser starts from scratch in loading your favorite pages, but it will pick up shortly.
Cookies are small files that contain information about how you use a particular website. Passwords and site preferences are stored in cookies, which make them very useful. However, sometimes old information can be stored and not replaced which can cause the same types of issues as your cache.
Many browsers have 2 options for clearing cookies: clearing ALL cookies (this is a drastic action which will remove any saved logins) and clearing specific cookies (this is what is covered in this how-to).
1. In Chrome, click the 3 vertical dots to open the menu
2. Click "Settings" to open the settings menu
3. In the blue search bar, type "Privacy" to bring up the Privacy and Security window
4. Click on "Clear browsing data" to bring up the next window
In the Clear browsing data window:
5. Be on the "Basic" tab
6. Change the "Time range" to "All time"
7. The ONLY box that needs to be checked in "Cached images and files". Uncheck any other boxes
8. Click on "Clear Data"
9. Click on "Content settings"
10. Click on "Cookies"
11. Click on "See all cookies and site data"
12. Find the small "Search cookies" toolbar
13. Start by typing "bare" to find cookies related to BAREIS and click "Remove all"
14. "Remove all" for all "bare" and "rap" cookies
15. Close out your whole browser to allow your browser to remove all the old information.
If you are still experiencing difficulties with parts of Rapattoni loading or being bounced back to the dashboard, please give BAREIS tech support a call so we can start a remote support session and see what’s happening on your actual computer.